Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving an Addict: Trying to Make Ends Meet
Hello,

I had to leave my husband because he started to use heroin. That is hard even to type...I had to let go of the feeling that I was "abandoning" him because the thought of that eats at me. I had to leave for the sake of my mental well-being as well as the safety of our one and a half-year-old son. I have been on this rollercoaster and trying to help him with his addiction for two years now (this started while I was six months pregnant).  In going, I have forsaken the financial support I was receiving from him for my debt consolidation loan.  I have considerable debt that I have been working on for the past few years. The loan occurs twice a month at a little over $400 each installment.  The payments (on top of my car payment and the plethora of others) is causing great strain at an already mentally exhausting time for me. Dealing with a toddler is no laughing matter, for those reading this with children will understand all too well. I do not know what else to do other than to ask for help and hope someone is out there reading this...even if no one does, this was somehow therapeutic to say to the world. Thank you for your time, and any generosity is much appreciated.

All the best, 
Amanda 

paypal.me/patterson509