Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Praying I don't let my son down
I'm a single mother to an awesome 12-year-old. He is smart, obedient, and empathetic, but has had to experience some transitions with his living situation. He moved back in with me once his father found himself evicted, so I went from working around the clock as a taxi driver, to only being able to work short part-time day shifts. I'm preparing to change jobs for a more stable income, which will leave me without pay for a few weeks, but I'm already behind in rent. I have managed to keep the lights & gas on so far, but I've given up my phone, internet, & many things that I used to take for granted.. My son deserves a safe place with stability & I'm doing my best to provide that for him. Im late for this month, & I still owe for last month. The late fees are adding up. I received an eviction notice today that gives me until February 20th to come up with $1200. I have been homeless before, but my son lives with me now, and I have to do anything and everything in my power to give him the stability he needs. He is such a good kid, & I just want to be able to make him feel safe. I can afford the monthly payments if I can just get caught up with what I'm already late on. I'm so scared I'm going lose my apartment that I'm working double & triple shifts losing sleep trying to make ends meet. I don't have any family willing to help or anything of any real value to sell. I took all of my clothes to a consignment store & sold everything I could make money on. I don't have good credit, so I'm not able to get a loan. Im desperate for any help I can get, but I can't let my son know how close we are to losing everything. I feel like such a failure for not being able to provide something for him as basic & simple as shelter. I'm doing my best to make the transition from my old workaholic lifestyle to being a full-time working mom. I hate asking for help with anything, but I need it now more than ever. I would be grateful for any help that anyone could give me & it would go directly to pay my rent to keep a roof over my son's head.

PayPal.me/jessalino313