Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother's cancer treatment $5000 debt
 I am a jazz pianist, and 2019 was supposed to have been a great year for me. In July I won a national piano competition, and it seemed that after years of struggle my career was finally going to take off. At the end of the year, I managed to get the opportunity to premiere my compositions on the 14th and 15th of December at a great theatre, and this unwittingly tuned into my moment of malaise.

Not long before the gig at the theatre I had gotten into a dispute with my employer for continuously paying me late for my services, which were teaching piano and music theory at her school of the arts. So I had angrily left, and was hoping to survive on gigs till I hopefully got a teaching job in the new year (I have not obtained one). So the theatre gig had a sizable budget which I was to share with the other musicians. But then the unthinkable happened: my mother was diagnosed with a brain tumour. She's unemployed, depending on help from me and her brother. To save her I had to use my entire competition budget, but then I ended up using the budget I was supposed to share with my fellow musicians. I've been trying to raise the money to no avail. I panicked and told them stories about there being a delay in payment as I was scared they would accuse me of making my problems theirs. As things stand, I'm supposed to pay them finally today, something I said in a moment of confidence when a relative promised to help me out with the money. He later changed his mind. The sad thing is that the industry between musicians is based on trust. They have no contracts with me, and it pains me the most that they won't get paid for work that they did brilliantly. The name of the show was called the blue state of mind

I feel helpless. I've had suicidal thoughts and I don't know if I'll make it through the day. In a few hours I'll get texts and calls and I don't know what I will do. I just feel an overwhelming emptiness. I feel that this scandal will also ruin my career forever: no one will want to work with me, and the music industry is a particularly tiny one. It is out of this desperation that I am hoping for a miracle. 

So the situation is simply as follows I need $5000 dollars to pay off my debts to those 7 individuals. I can privately verify my identity and accomplishments and particulars of the gig if asked in a DM. My PayPal me link is: PayPal.me/pianist93