Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help a family this holiday season
Hello, I hope you all are well.

I'm not quite sure where to begin tbh, I just need some help while I try to get on my feet. I gave birth to my son in April, and a few weeks later was diagnosed with postpartum depression. It hit pretty hard - at one point I spent the night at the hospital and then was placed in a partial hospital program for a couple of weeks. My husband lost his job, and I shortly after. I had to drop college because I was having issues getting past the school's verification step, so I was not awarded financial aid (and now owe them $3,000 for the time I was attending). My husband works at one of our local churches, but he only earns enough to get by. I have had terrible luck finding a job, though I do have an interview lined up. I'll update and let you guys know how it goes.

Basically we are in a position where we can get by and buy basic necessities for our son like diapers, formula, etc. but we know we have some big purchases in our future for him. He's almost outgrown his carseat and the price point for a larger one feels kind of intimidating at the moment. I've also had to stop refilling my antidepressants to make sure bills are getting paid and the kid is taken care of.

I'm not asking for a ton of money, and I'm not asking for something grand like a big first christmas. The latter is a luxury and we'll figure gifts out if we can. What I'm asking for is some help to get on my feet and just breathe while I try to find work and get out of debt.

Thanks for listening to my little rant, I hope you have a good day.

paypal.me/JessiP92
Just an update: The job interview didn't go well I guess, as it has been almost two weeks and i have not heard back from anyone (despite being told I would at least receive an email within 72 hours).

I'm also still attempting to get the school financial aid situation sorted out, but until then I have a $285 bill due at the end of the month now. Here's hoping things start to look up soon.