Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovering from a layoff.
My name is Lauren and I, like so many others out there lost my job due to downsizing this past June. As a young woman (24) living on her own in a city without any family nearby, the layoff felt like the end of the world. It was my first job out of college and I worked so hard in college and afterwards to land a job in my dream field. I moved my life for this job. If you've ever lost a job at no fault of your own, you know the despair it can bring. While the layoff doesn't make me regret any of the decisions I made, it did leave me in financial ruin. My parents couldn't afford to help me and my bare-minimum severance package only lasted so long before I needed to rely on credit cards to make ends meet.

I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, PTSD, and I am working through the traumatic ramifications of a verbally, emotionally, and sexually abusive relationship. Because of this, I require regular psychiatric and therapy services, which are not cheap.

Though I have found another job and am working full time, my unemployment left me in a hole that seems impossible to fill. I'm doing my best to allocate my current paycheck toward both my immediate needs (rent, groceries, gas, etc.) and paying off my debt, but I feel like my head is barely above water.

I am a dedicated and hardworking young woman who fell on hard times. If anyone feels as if they might be able to help, I would be eternally grateful! I promise every little bit will help me repair the damage brought on by the layoff and help me get back on my feet. Please let me know.