Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help for my mom
So. Here I am. After 31 years as a computer programmer I find my life changed dramatically after a head injury resulting in a brain hemorrhage and permanent  damage. It almost killed me. I am on disability for it, which isn't much, and can provide documentation. I can provide documentation for any of this. I've had to scale down our lifestyle a great deal over the past 5 years, not that we were living the high life, but we were doing good. Now....Simple pleasures are cherished as is each day.  I've lost our home. We live in a rental now. I've lost my dreams.  My 84 year old mother lives with me. I'm 61 years old with diabetes and brain damage.  I pick up odd jobs in our NW Illinois rural town usually a few hours at minimum wage. I even make a little playing guitar. But we are still poor. We run out of food now and then, but friends here help. I want to do some things for my mom before she passes away. I want to send her to Florida to see my sister (also retired and cannot help) I want to buy mom some  new clothes and a nice chair for her bed room. I cannot afford any of these things and it breaks my heart.
I don't know what else to say.  I love my mom and its breaking my heart to not be able to provide a few things while she is still with me.  All the money we have coming in goes for rent, utils, food, medical, and we still run short at times. I keep trying but they are not lining up to hire 61 year old brain damaged people. I pray somebody that has been blessed will help. As I sit here typing i can see mom in the living room.

paypal.me/helpformomandme