Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Resort #mentalhealth
To whom it may concern,

I don’t know where else to go. I feel hesitant to even try this. Nothing matters, least of all me. But if there is anyone out there who sees this and can afford to part with some of their money, it would be so appreciated I can’t even describe.

I’m a private person but seeing as this is all anonymous I feel a bit more inclined to share a little about my circumstances. I have been struggling with severe depression and anxiety for the past 12 years. I was diagnosed at the age of 18 and suffered severely for a few months. I came out of it and was doing really well. Then at 21 it hit me again, resulting in a year of deterioration. But I came out of that. My most recent bout however, has crippled me since 2015. In this time I have lost everything including myself. I lost my home, a partner, my job (because of my health), then two bereavements a day apart, then a lengthy legal case where I had to prove to my own government that I was unwell in order to receive the support people in my situation receive. It’s just been one thing after another. I have just turned 30, I have been on the lowest level of support from social support services, after lengthy and stressful appeals processes  and don’t see how I’m ever going to get to the basic foundation required to climb out of this hole. I can’t even muster up the confidence to leave the house most days. I feel like a useless waste of an existence and a burden to the remaining people in my life. I’m embarrassed with who I’ve become and just want to break free from this abyss. I suspect I have agoraphobia. I get so worked up over going outside.. I feel like so much is expected of people in today’s society. The world has become superficial and materialistic. I don’t feel like I belong. Not that my appearance should matter, like I get that it doesn’t, yet I’m totally insecure about still. Even if I do get a day where I want to go out, I can clean myself up but then all my clothes are riddled with holes and tears, simply because I haven’t been able to afford clothes since 2015. Materials don’t mean anything to me, but I’d like to have something so I can feel better about myself. I want more than anything to get back my independence, to have a home, a LIFE! To just live in a world where people have more empathy towards one another.

If you got this far, thank you for your time. 

Again, if you read this and can afford to help and want to help, you can send whatever you can to: paypal.me/dmo8