Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help me save my family
Photo 
I have never been wealthy or even comfortable, financially. But I have always managed to live a modest life where debt and the cost of living was managed, while still enjoying a few luxuries like a meal out or an evening at the movies. I worked hard and my wife worked and we shared the burdon while trying to pay off a house and a car and ensure our 2 sons had all the basics they needed to set up their futures. 
In early 2018 my wifes company of 18 years went through a Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) restructuring and because she was in senior management, she was retrenched. It was heartbreaking for her but I never panicked. She had a great CV, great references and I was positive she would find new employment without an issue. Unfortunately I never realized just how dire the employment status was in South Africa and just how unfrienfly the warehousing industry had become towards white people. (No racism intended here, but just the reality of where we are in South Africa,)
For over 1 year we stayed positive, sendig her CV out to hundreds of adverts. We even started applying for positions where the salary was way below our needs, but unfortunately we got nowhere and slowly our savings was running out. My salary is not enough to cover all of our debt, cost of living, travel, school and food. 
I have now reached the point where we are on the brink of losing our house that we have had for 15 years. The phone rings constantly as our debtors show no mercy. I have run out of excuses and I owe everyone money. This is last resort. Please, I never thought I would ask strangers for help. But here I am asking/begging for any assistance. I just need a little more time toturn things around. I pray everyday for help and out of nowhere I came across this site. I pray that this was a prayer answered. I tried posting pics of my family but it keeps rejecting my pictures.