Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embarrassed asking for money.
Hi everyone. This isn't something I ever thought I would do but here I am.
My family consists of myself, my wife and my 3 daughter's. The eldest being 8 and the youngest is 1. I work full-time as a lorry driver and my wife works part-time in a shop. I cannot do any more hours due to hgv regulations and my wife is in the situation of not being able to do more hours due to the affordability of extra childcare.
Having lived in our rented house for the last 4 and a half years, we have just been given the bad news that our landlady is selling the house and we will have to move out.
My wife and I have now begun the arduous task of finding another place to live but being a family of 5, we need at least a 3-bed house and these are in short supply on the rental market.
This was led to us starting to look at buying our own house. And this is what has led to me writing this. We are hoping for donations towards our deposit.
Due to bad life choices in my twenties (spend now and think later) I have a very poor credit rating. I am in the process of getting this back on track by gradually paying back my debts but it's a slow process and my credit rating is not moving quickly enough.
Due to my poor credit rating, mortgage lenders are requiring a larger deposit than the usual 5-10% and this is leaving us in a catch-22 situation. Do we put more money aside to save for the deposit or do we continue to try and pay my creditors off? If we pay the debts off at the current rate, we can't afford to save for the deposit. To be perfectly honest, we are already going to struggle to raise the money to fund a rental move.
As it is looking like we have less than six months to find somewhere we are at a time-critical stage. 
And this is why I have turned to this site. I am literally clutching at straws by trying this but we have nothing to lose by trying. 
If anybody could find it in their heart to help us out, it would be appreciated more than you could ever imagine.
Thankyou for reading this and If you have any questions for me then feel free to contact me.

My PayPal.me link, if you wanted to make a donation, is PayPal.me/ChrisRowe1977

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)