Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLEASE HELP Family of 4---Car Needs Tires, Behind on Mortgage, Electricity,....
Heart 
I am writing on this forum and begging for the first time in my life because I feel desperate. I am in a humbled position to have to ask others for their hard earned money to assist my family get out of a financial hole we're falling into. I trust that God will provide a way for us to be sustained and if he does not want it to be through leaning on others in this way, than I will accept that and patiently wait for an open door. Here is my situation:

I am a 30 year old mother of 2 young boys, one with special needs. I am married to someone who's been one of my best friends since 5th grade and he's wonderful. God is good. We're new home owners as of this year. God is good. He has blessed us in many ways and even though we are in hardship we are still blessed. 

Currently, I am on long-term/permanent disability. We moved to NH when we bought our new home but my husband kept his job in MA hoping to find work out here. He has a 3 hour commute round-trip every day and it's been almost a year since we've been here. We had two decent 2006 cars that were paid off when we moved here. His commute ate through one of them and we had to take out a loan to get another used car because he couldn't leave me with the kids and no vehicle while working so far away. Plus I need one for doctors appointments, IEP meetings,picking up kids from school when they are sick or whatnot and soccer practice. He takes the newer used car (a 2012) to work with the idea that it will do better to endure the long commute. This new used car has given us a new $200 car payment that we didn't have before. Our new budget was already tightened up going from renters to new home owners with a 3 hour work commute without adding that it, but we were still grateful that God granted us the replacement car because we have a high debt/income ratio and fair and average credit, so we weren't exactly certain we would be loaned to. 

This was where our money problem started snowballing, it was in August when this happened. This new payment made me want to go out and get a side job of some sort, but my disability (and my husband) kept reminding me that I can't do it, which is incredibly frustrating. The SSDI I receive is a blessing. It does help. But when you need more money and you used to be able to do more and have a "Type A--Just Fix The Problem Yourself" kind of personality like me, it's very hard to not just get out there and pull in some cash. Since this new car payment, I haven't seen a month where we're able to put $20 in savings and leave it there. It always ends up back in the checking account to cover something that came out and caused the account to go negative. 

At this time the car that I use to get around town has an expired inspection sticker. I cannot get it inspected because all 4 tires are bald. I'm guessing that will run us about $400. I've been pulled over in town once for driving it and got a warning (Thank you GOD!). I only drive it if I absolutely need to get somewhere, otherwise I wait until my husband is home and take his car. But I usually absolutely need to go somewhere for myself and/or the kids at least 3 times a week when he's not home so it's really risky, especially in this tiny town. My license plates are easy to spot with the last four #'s being 7777. Lol. My electric bill is due on 11/4 and it's $212.89. I couldn't pay it in October. My husband earns his bonus check every quarter at work for $900. He has worked there for 6 years and has never missed his goals for his bonuses. He's an incredible worker. We rely on it to pay mortgage and they are usually late in paying him. They are late again....by two quarters. Our mortgage is $1575 and we only had $1000 for October. They are working with us and giving us until the 26th to pay the remaining $575 without penalty. 

In addition to all of this, we received a random letter from the IRS "Annual reminder of balance due taxes for year of 2015." What?! 2015??? Aren't we in 2018? 
You see, my husband pays his taxes at the end of every year instead of throughout the year because we haven't been able to afford to live off of his paycheck week to week if taxes were taken out. Even when renting, rent was so high in Massachusetts that it didn't cut it. This year we were finally able to file to have taxes taken out weekly because of my filing for disability. So at the end of each year we'd have a big yard sale or make a payment plan with IRS for 3 months. We filed our taxes at H&R Block as usual in April this year and paid them off in May and had a zero balance with the IRS. Then we get the random letter about 2015. I don't know why or how this hasn't popped up in the past 2 years. But apparently we owe $1150! I called and they said they have no record of us paying it. I have a very hard time just believing that we wouldn't pay it. I take the IRS very seriously. But at the same time, I have no proof! This was the year my second son was born. I have a 21 month old toddler and a newborn and I also had a week long hospital stay for postpartum depression. I don't remember much at all from that year. If they didn't send us reminder bills, it's possible that I could have forgotten that the bill existed! I just find it odd that they wouldn't tack it to 2016's taxes balance as well. At any rate, I can't afford a lawyer. How can I prove anything? I just have to pay it, right? 

I am truly sorry this is so long. I just want you, whoever you are that is kind enough to get this far in reading my story, to know the whole story of what is going on. Please feel free to email me if you have questions. my email is abbymariebouvert@gmail.com

https://www.paypal.me/winchesterabby