Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeless and in need of help
I'm not the type of person who asks for help from anyone but at the moment I'm in serious need. I had been living in motels for 6 months after leaving an abusive relationship and finally thought I'd caught a break when a friend deeded me a trailer. It needed some work but nothing major when I looked at it and I would only have to pay $250 a month in lot rent. Well it took her 3 months longer then she had stated and her husband, kids and herself trashed the place when they did move. Well since then it's been one thing after another. To top it off the park was being sold to another person so when I found issues with the lot no one would take responsibility. The biggest issue occurred the end of Aug when the water and septic line backed up into the bathrooms and eventually the kitchen also. In my half bath it just kept throwing anything and everything gross up causing the floor to basically cave in and ruined about 80% of my clothes that were stored in the attached bedroom. I had to seal up the hallway so any animal etc could get into main part of home. Well the main bath toilet backed up also I did run a 50ft auger down all the drains and no obstructions so the problem is in the line outside the home. I contacted the new owners telling them about the issues. They came out once and looked underneath and said they couldn't see any issues, I even pointed out the water pooling up in the grass near where the lines are buried. They said they would have the lines checked and get the other issues fixed. All of which are issues that cause serious problems...dead trees that could squash me, irrigation sending water to footers instead of drain, black mold found, now the septic and water lines. So now I have no way to use my bathrooms at all and have to shower at friends and walk down the street to use bathroom. The owners have yet to send anyone out or had fixed all while I spent over $1200 in a month just trying anything to get the lines working. So then a month later I got sick and had to go to hospital. Seems the septic material and the mold have caused me to get massive lung infection and it was reported to health dept. I was told that we could not stay in the home for more then couple of hours. So I had to pack some bags, my puppy, and leave having no place to go. I stayed at a hotel few nights but with just having started my new job I needed to save my money until I would get paid. The owners of the park are also hounding me because I didnt pay the past 2 months lot rent. I didn't pay it because they did not adhere to terms of our lease. I'm working with housing commission to find a place but could take a month or more before they can do anything. I spent all I had trying to fix the issues and sleeping in my car or my tent and showering in truck stops and begging friends I'm about to have a breakdown. If anyone could help with some money for food, gas, everyday needs and/or being able to get an extended stay at a hotel until home is ready. I'm also contacting people with rentals locally to see if they would be willing to take deposits in installments because it'd be several  several months before I'd have 2 months rent when the average rent is 750-800 around here. Anything would be appreciated more then you know

Easiest way to help would just send thru paypal.
My paypal information is: My paypal.me/jkorczynski