The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovering from a layoff.
My name is Lauren and I, like so many others out there lost my job due to downsizing this past June. As a young woman (24) living on her own in a city without any family nearby, the layoff felt like the end of the world. It was my first job out of college and I worked so hard in college and afterwards to land a job in my dream field. I moved my life for this job. If you've ever lost a job at no fault of your own, you know the despair it can bring. While the layoff doesn't make me regret any of the decisions I made, it did leave me in financial ruin. My parents couldn't afford to help me and my bare-minimum severance package only lasted so long before I needed to rely on credit cards to make ends meet.

I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, PTSD, and I am working through the traumatic ramifications of a verbally, emotionally, and sexually abusive relationship. Because of this, I require regular psychiatric and therapy services, which are not cheap.

Though I have found another job and am working full time, my unemployment left me in a hole that seems impossible to fill. I'm doing my best to allocate my current paycheck toward both my immediate needs (rent, groceries, gas, etc.) and paying off my debt, but I feel like my head is barely above water.

I am a dedicated and hardworking young woman who fell on hard times. If anyone feels as if they might be able to help, I would be eternally grateful! I promise every little bit will help me repair the damage brought on by the layoff and help me get back on my feet. Please let me know.

Messages In This Thread
Recovering from a layoff. - by LRose1101 - 10-03-2019, 04:14 PM