The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for Love - the 6 L's
Hello – I am writing this with shame borne out of desperation! The public's generosity is amazing, but I fear what I am asking is beyond even your exceptional benevolence!
My wife, Suzanne, is my life. She struggles with her health, having been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis nine years ago. Despite all this, she stays positive and remains a joy to be with for everybody who is lucky enough to meet her. I so want to spoil her, but to give her everything she deserves is impossible, as there is not enough money in the world for that! But, the problem is that I do not have any money to spoil her in any way. I cannot even afford to do what I, selfishly, want more than anything, which is to spend more time with her.
For me, the purpose of money falls into six categories – the six L’s. They are:
·        LIFE – the day-do-day cost of living.
·        LOVE – it may not cost anything, but to give your loved one that something extra can cost.
·        LEISURE – everybody needs some time off to recharge their batteries. However, as a contractor, if I take time off, I do not get paid, and that I cannot afford
·        LIBERTY – the more money you have, the more freedom you have to do what you want, when you want. Personally, all I want is the free time to spend with my wife.
·        LUXURY – how I would dearly love to be able to take my wife away for a break in the sun, where her symptoms are relieved. Or to buy her that piece of jewellery that would put a big smile on her face!
·        LEGACY – we all want to leave something behind for our offspring. I am no exception. However, as things stand, all I have to leave our gorgeous son is the knowledge that he was loved, totally and unconditionally.
I worry for our future. Having been made redundant four times since my wife’s diagnosis, our finances have been decimated. We have no property, so we can only afford to rent. Our car, which I need for work, is fully financed and we have no savings, no pension and no hope for the future. I have built up substantial debts to cover our living expenses whilst I was off work and have the taxman on my back as well! My health is suffering as I worry, not so much for me, but for my wife. I cannot bear the thought of letting her down and seeing her suffer in any way at all, as stress exacerbates her condition.
We are not greedy people. We are pleasant, honest, law-abiding, loving people who will do anything to help others. We are just in a position where now we are the ones who need a little help. I work hard, both at home, looking after my wife, and at work full-time. But, no matter how hard we try, we just cannot get our heads above water. Our love is the only thing that keeps me going. We have been married for 21 years and are more in love than ever. It breaks my heart to leave Suzanne every morning, but I have to keep going to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table.
I appreciate that there are people worse off than ourselves. But, I have to do what is best for my wife and my son and I am sure you can understand that. I don’t know if you can, but if you are able to help at all, you could make such a huge difference to our lives and I would be eternally grateful.

paypal.me/dgharvey

Yours humbly

paypal.me/dgharvey

Messages In This Thread
Just for Love - the 6 L's - by DevotedHusband - 10-01-2018, 11:35 AM