The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-tread laid off, Desperately Needs $200-800 for Rent
Heart 
Hello.  Thank you for caring since 1985, I have supported myself and many pets who lived to ripe old ages.  My family of origin was small and dysfunctional with incest and alcoholism, so I don't really have anyone.  After a long career, I was laid off in 2007 and am getting laid off again from a hospital now.  The landlady rightfully has breathed down my neck, but this layoff is bad just like the one in 2007.  I only have $200, and I don't qualify for benefits as far as I have been able to verify.  I love to work, even though I can't work 40 hours.  I have supported my 17-year old cat for 15 years.  I need rent money to keep this elderly cat and me together until I get hired.  I am afraid of homelessness because our area has no shelter. I would likely die of the elements, because of poor circulation due to several medical conditions, some of which are injury-related at a time when Obamacare did not exist and I wasn't able to do Cobra health insurance.  This isn't to complain, it's just that I am more fragile than when I was young.  I used to take care of an acre and have been through 13 floods.... so I'm used to toughing it, but am not as healthy as I used to be.  I am a graduate of the University of Washington and The Evergreen State College, having studied humanities, legal research methods, business administration, and library science.  I graduated from Mountain View High School in Vancouver, WA.  I have volunteered for 2 homeless shelters in my life, as well as the county watershed committee. I also volunteered for dog rescue, including being a foster home for Bullseye Dog Rescue.  I also volunteered for community radio, community theater, and for a community college computer recycling program.  When I was young, I volunteered a year for the State Patrol.  Any help would be appreciated.  I started working as a child, from berry picking to weekly paper routes, to daily paper routes, to child care, to working in cinemas after school. I love to work, but many jobs have been off-shored.  I owe the landlady (an older woman supporting her mother to some extent) $200 from last week, and $200 more to finish my deposit.  April 1, I need $600 for rent.  And here public transportation is just as expensive as driving, at a time when my 1993 Nissan Altima engine sounds very rough.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Messages In This Thread
Re-tread laid off, Desperately Needs $200-800 for Rent - by noreenlee - 03-20-2017, 08:05 AM