Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help an International Student to Finish His Course of Study
Music 
Hello everyone,
My name is Nik, and I am an international student from Russia. I am currently in my final year of a BA Music course in the UK. It's not easy for me to ask for help, but I find myself in a challenging situation with limited options.

I chose to study abroad to pursue my passion for music, and to avoid mandatory military service. My dream is to become a composer for film and video games, and you can see some of my work on YouTube. Despite being fully aware that a degree in music might not be highly sought after in today's economy, I decided to follow my heart and do what I love.

Unfortunately, I could not predict that my country will start a war of aggression against its neighbor Ukraine, where some of my relatives reside. I began participating in anti-war protests at the Russian embassy. This war has significantly impacted my financial situation, as well as my mental health. Over the past three years in the UK, I have struggled to find part-time work due to the highly competitive job market. As a result, I have depended on financial support from my family in Russia.
The war has severely affected the Russian economy, causing the exchange rate between the Pound and the Ruble to double. Coupled with the rising cost of living and inflation in the UK, it has become nearly impossible for my family to continue funding my education.

I am paying my tuition fees in installments, and I have only two payments left, due by the end of July. I have successfully passed my exams, but currently, my family cannot gather the necessary funds. As a foreign national, I am not allowed to incur debt, which leaves me in a very difficult position.

I would be immensely grateful for any support you can provide, no matter how small. Your generosity would help me complete my education and pursue my dream.
Thank you for considering my request.

Kind regards,
Nikita

https://paypal.me/nikudohoshimaru